Wonderland

My personal space to roam...freely

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Our Very First Home!!!

Mid March 2008 -

Aaron, can you imagine that it is now exactly 5 years since you gathered the courage to pick up your phone and call me in Israel to ask me on a "date"??:-) Ok, that's another story...:-)

But yes, it's been 5 years, and 2 since our wedding, and we are now moving into our first home!! Our parents are proud of us. I know, I know, the housing market is all about people trying to keep the homes they now own...but it is still a buyer's market and Aaron and I are just delighted with what we got.

It's a new (never been lived in) 2007 house with warm olive-colored walls and white crown molding on the inside. We also have some very friendly neighbors, our very own pond out front, and a number of interesting entertainment areas such as the battlefield park, where part of the American Civil War was fought in the 1860s. We have our very own downtown, an aquatic park among others, and a fair once a year. Aaron and I also found the tennis court the other day!

I am attaching several pictures. We are still putting in furniture and haven't yet gotten any paintings (which I absolutely loooove!!). There's also the fence we need to put up so that I can get a dog, and I have to work on the garden and plant some trees. But na small small...as we say. Sahar and Mushu asked me to blog these pictures....since they won't be seeing the house yet for a while.:-)

Behind the houseSee the bbq area...there behind the house? It already has the gas outlet, just waiting for the grill to be bought.:-) In front! You can see my car parked by the road. You can also see a neighbor's house across the street.
The pond. Just across the road from our house.
Initial chaosThe guys at work
Aaron putting up roman shades in the breakfast area.
Putting colored shades to a lamp in one of the guest rooms.
Our bedroom


My bathroom. Notice the whirlpool in the back. I love it!!
My walk-in closet. Quite big too. We always joke that it will be the timeout chamber for our kids!!:-)
The kitchen. It has lots of cabinet space and beautiful granite tops and white brick.

Our small breakfast area.
Living room

Other sitting area


A hallway flanks each side of the living room..
Other guest room
Guest bathroom
Laundry room
Garage
They are constructing more houses all around us; it's a new subdivision.

We have the River Valley to look out to from the house. With lots of cows grazing and the hills overhead too. Fortunately, we don't have to worry about them building over that beautiful area because when it rains, the area gets flooded.


Labels:

10 Comments:

  • At 6:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Mrs Ashu, Congratulations on your very first home. Hmmmmmmmm i must say its a beautiful house with beautiful surroundings.I really marvel at you and yr husband and girl, just keep it going. Whatelse can i tell ya? BRAVO!

     
  • At 6:37 AM , Blogger Ambe said...

    Thanks, Laura dear. You are sweet. Yes, Aaron and I enjoy decorating it. It will take a while but we will get there.

     
  • At 8:07 AM , Blogger ~Frooghi's~ said...

    GORGEOUS! GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS! Jay!!! wow wow wow. i am in love with your home! it is beautiful and what do you mean you are getting there with the decor - girl, you are already there and beyond! it is absolutely beautiful! congrats to you both! you deserve it after all your hard work!

    ps - that guest bedroom has my name written all over it :)

     
  • At 4:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wowwwww! Jay! Thats what am talking about. Your home is....just great. Really dont think u need anymore paintings on the wall, everything is just great. I just got a two problems;
    first, there are only 2 cars in the driveway...where the hell is mine?
    Second, please take Sahar's name off the guest bedroom and start writing mine, or then u could just start preparing my own room. Try to make i look like the master's.

     
  • At 6:49 AM , Blogger Ambe said...

    Mush,
    How na? You didn't leave your name but I know it is you!!! Who else will speak with such arrogance and high-handedness??:-) Hehehehe!!! Don't worry, if you come, you can sleep in the Master bedroom anytime! I don't mind switching with you and using the guest room. I'll be too happy to see you to mind!
    luv ya!
    Jay

     
  • At 12:00 PM , Blogger ~Frooghi's~ said...

    this boy, seems you dont know who i am. i guess we will only have to fight over that guest room. but i do agree with your idea that it should look more like a master bedroom. We can agree on that one point. but otherwise, i suggest that Jay prepare for you a couch in the hallway :)

     
  • At 12:53 PM , Blogger Ambe said...

    Hahahhaaa!!! There you go, girl!:-)

     
  • At 1:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Sahar, I would otherwise really get physical with u, but for the fact that I have always had this crush on u and wouldnt want anything happening to that face. So I will take this easier on u. U do owe "us", well Jacky, a certain mercedes beetle-eye...u remember? well jay has forgotten, but am willing to not remind her if u let that room go... oops to late, now she remembers and just might simply kick u out of that room. Haha! mission accomplished, right jay??!!

     
  • At 6:43 AM , Blogger Ambe said...

    Hahahhaaa!!! Sahar, you do owe me a mercedes, since Pays!!:-) But I tell you what, guys. Let's just say who ever comes first gets the room. Believe me, Mush, you don't have anything to worry about. It's just as hard to see people who live right here in the States as it is to see people who live out of the U.S. Sahar and I haven't seen each other face to face since we both came here, can you imagine? And second, it is not likely that you guys will both be here at the same time. So, room problem solved!!:-)

     
  • At 8:30 AM , Blogger Mutale and Jarrett said...

    Congratulations! Beuatiful home...the first home is always special....

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home