Wonderland

My personal space to roam...freely

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Devotional Meeting

Devotional Meeting on Service - January 7, 2007

For some 6 months now, I've been having devotional meetings at my home every fortnight. Our Universal House of Justice (the supreme guiding body of the Baha'is) exhorts us to hold these prayer gatherings as one of the four core activities to invite our non-Baha'i friends and introduce them to Baha'i principles and beliefs. On average, I've had a non-Baha'i or two at these meetings and it is always fun.

For this particular one, we had a non-Baha'i friend from Benin, Western Africa. He tells me he enjoys the prayer gatherings. This is the second time he's attended. Edison and Elena sang, chanted and played the guitar, and then we read Writings on service, as well as said and chanted prayers. And after all that, we ate lots. I really enjoyed it.





Elena took a picture of my comfy doggy shoes as well:-)

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • At 3:36 PM , Blogger GWD said...

    With your permission I would like to excerpt from this post and link on Baha'i Views.

     
  • At 9:55 AM , Blogger ~Frooghi's~ said...

    good job with your devotionals Jay!! Your home is beautiful ... very cozy, beautifully decorated. I love that shelf!!

    Navid and I have been encouraged by our community to try having our devotionals again ... more seriously this time ... so we have one next week! I cant wait for everyone to come sit on our couches that smell of cat pee :)

     
  • At 5:42 AM , Blogger Ambe said...

    Sahar joon,

    I don't know how it works to reply on here; I hope you see it. Yep, by all means, start your devotions again. I still think it is the easiest core activity to manage!!:-) Mine has been pretty regular. Thanks for praising my house yah!

    Hehehee!! Cat pee eh? I say you need Fabreeze then! Is it not that commercial that they say the product removes all unwanted house smells?:-)

    luv ya,
    Jay

     
  • At 5:51 AM , Blogger Ambe said...

    George,

    I browsed your blog and you have some great pictures of Baha'i activities. I would be honored if you wanted to use excerpts of Baha'i activities from my blog. Was is at a Feast or children's class that you took that profile picture? It is beautiful! I have several Baha'i activities pictures, but mostly taken in Haifa while I served there. The pictures are on Facebook though.

    Jacky

     
  • At 5:52 AM , Blogger Ambe said...

    Professor Howdy,

    Thanks for commenting on my blog and thanks for the list of blogs. I'll be sure to browse them sometime.

    ~jacky

     
  • At 5:56 AM , Blogger Ambe said...

    Oh Sahar joon,

    I forgot to mention...that shelf used to be an old garage tool shelf in some Baha'i family's home in Oklahoma. It was all brown and boring and they wanted to get rid of it. I didn't have a shelf to put my books on. Well, Aaron took it and I worked with him to clean it and glue the pretty paper on it. It completely transformed it. I like it too, cuz I know what it once was!!:-)

     
  • At 5:53 PM , Blogger Anne said...

    Hi Jacky,
    Looks wonderful! Wish I were close enough to be there!
    Anne
    Whitehall, Pennsylvania USA

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home