Wonderland

My personal space to roam...freely

Monday, November 19, 2007

Switzerland and London

September 2003 ~

I had to put these pictures on here so that I don't lose them because it was a memorable trip for me. While I served at the Baha'i World Center in Israel, I took a vacation in September of 2003 to Switzerland with my friend, Yasmin. After 5 days there, she returned to Israel while I continued to London to visit my cousin, Romero. I found Switzerland absolutely beautiful. At the time, Aaron was courting me from the U.S., and I told him that we'll have to come together to Switzerland on our honeymoon. We are still planning that trip for one of our wedding annivesaries.

My cousin, Romero (left), and his friend, Otang.
London Bridge.
SWITZERLAND ~ I happened on this Ghanaian's store in Montreux and was pleasantly surprised.

You could go almost anyhere in boats. We were hosted by a Baha'i friend in Montreux. Montreux is a beautiful touristic town along the Swiss riviera. Fortunately they speak French there and we could find our way around.
With Yasmin on a boat to Chateau de Chignon.
The Olympics museum in the city of Lausanne. It is humongous and absolutely gorgeous. You can find just about everything there since the inception of the Olympics.







Up on the mountains. I can't tell you how beautiful the climb up there was. We were on a special kind of train....I forget was it was called. But the little villages we passed through on our way up were breathtakingly beautiful.

At Chateau de Chignon
In the cellar





In the gallows

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home