Wonderland

My personal space to roam...freely

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

My Grandmothers!!

My grandmothers - Mami Cecilia (extreme left) and Mami Francisca (Extreme right).

Mami Cecilia is my paternal grandma and Mami Francisca is my maternal grandma. I have some very good memories of these wonderful, hardworking women. I practically grew up my first few years with Mami F. And I spent lots of good times with her, when she was a trader, in the kitchen watching her cook huge pots of food, trailing her wherever she went.

As for mami Cecilia, their home in Bafut (my dad's village) is located on a gorgeous hill surrounded by lots of palms, plum trees, mango trees, and red roses. We will go up and down these hills as we accompanied her to fetch water, food from the farms, or just visit the neighbors. They are way stronger than their years, these women, and if you see how much farm work they did and how big the food bundle they brought in from the farms, you'll be amazed. I owe them both a lot.

By their sides are my mom and Dad, Betty and Larry. And my sister, Clau, in the middle. That was her graduation day. Then of course, little brother Mushu is stooping down below. I love this picture!!! Thanks, Mus, for having it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home