Wonderland

My personal space to roam...freely

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Weddings, Weddings, Weddings!!!!!

Baha'u'llah, the founder of the Baha'i Faith, refers to marriage as a "Fortress for Well Being". In the last 20 months since I got married (January 6, 2006), wow!!! It feels like yesterday....Well, I was saying, in the last 20 months, there have been so many wonderful weddings that I wish to mention here. I mean...I am talking just in late 2005, 2006 and 2007!!!

There have been many, but I just want to mention some really close friends. I will look up and upload pictures of us before we got married. Anyways...starting with Sahar & Navid in Nov. '05. See her awesome blog at
http://sahariabija.blogspot.com/, Dibo & Gabby in Dec. '05, Aaron & me in Jan. '06, Niaz & Maxwell in April '06, Leyla & Bate in Oct. '06, Oben & Ellie in March '07, and Vahid & May in April '07. These are some really good friends of mine.

Of course there've been tons of others, friends of mine in Edmond like Niaz Saadat, from the Baha'i World Centre like Blake & Sera, Mateen & Monica, Arash, and many others. Even in Cameroon like Enoh Tabi. In short, it's been a good two years. So feast your eyes on those pictures!!! I’m going to add Vahid’s very soon.


Sahar & Navid Moshtael (November 2005)

Dibo & Gabby Teku (Dec 2005)

Jay & Aaron Ashu (Jayash) (January 2006)


I have to mention, that my mom made us these beautiful traditional clothes (in my wedding color - Lavender and cream) so that we could dance the traditional dance during the reception.

Niaz & Maxwell Adu (April 2006)

Navid (far left) is a very good friend of mine from when we worked together in Haifa, Israel. And Gustaff (far right) is like my own brother.
And there I am 4th from the left. On the extreme ends are Farideh and Kayhan Movaffagh, a really wonderful Baha' i couple in Yukon, Oklahoma.

Raymond & Shani Ndashi (June 2006) ~ Raymond and I served in Haifa together. He's from Cameroon too. I was so happy to learn of his wedding...and sorry that I couldn't be there. They live in Canada.



Leyla & Bate Bate (October 2006)


With me are Genevieve and Chris Martin. They are very dear friends of mine. They now have a cute litte boy, Papa Ni, and live in Texas.
Mr. & Mrs. at the wedding!
Ellie & Isaac Oben (March 2007)
In the above picture, that is Aaron's mom next to him.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 2:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Ashu, congratulation on your wedding, boy i have search net on getting in touch with you to no avail. please contact me (Sali) if you can on 301 442 5338

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home