Wonderland

My personal space to roam...freely

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Babies, babies, babies!!!!

Laura Asong and her daughter Athena -
Laura and I go way back to our undergrad years. We used to exercise together, cook together, hang out... we were really good friends!! I was so happy to receive this picture of her 9-month old daughter, Athena (she's sitting in the middle)!!

The Aruk Besong Family -
This is another wonderful family. A family of diverse races, this is another example of the race unity so common amongst us Baha'is. Chester (see third picture) is from Cameroon; and his wife, Sayena, is Persian. They live in Oklahoma city. Aren't their girls just cute. See how protectivily Sahar is holding Siera in the second picture!!

The proud mother!!!
Sahar has a little sister!!!!
One happy family!!!
The Dunns have a grand-daughter!-
Beth Dunn and her new grand daughter (born July 3rd), Mya. Beth is one of the coolest people I've ever met. Very resourceful. She was the main organizer of my wedding. She's just wonderful. I also lived with her for the last semester of my Master's program and she took real good care of me. Her husband is Charles and he's a very knowledgeable person too. I actually have some awesome pictures taken at their beautiful home. I should upload those soon. Their son, Evan, has taken many medals in swimming. He's a great swimmer. And then their other daughter, Amy, was a bridesmaid at my wedding. See why they are like my family??!!!

The second picture is of their daughter's, Sarah's, family - Nick, little Mya, & Sarah !!! I am really happy for them.

Beth, the pround granny!!!
Nick, Sarah, & Mya
The Teku Family!!!-
Dibo, Gabby & pretty little Naseem. Dibo and I go back a long, long way. We are like sisters. We used to sing together for many years and participated in many Baha'i teaching projects, meetings and conferences. I really miss her. Last time I saw her was in 2003. They are in Finland now, and Gabby, her hubby, whom I have met several times too, is a delightful and witty person. I can't wait to see them again someday...soon, I hope. And little Naseem, I hear, is just a delight to behold!!
The Moncho Family!-
Amelia Moncho and little Audrey Moncho. Below that are all the three Moncho kids - James, Juliet, & little Audrey. Their dad, Rocky Moncho, is from Botswana and their mom, Amelia, is Persian. Rocky was the M.C. at my wedding and he was simply awesome!!!! So, naturally, we feel bonded to these folks. :-)
The Ashu Family!-
Elias (my brother-in-law) and his son, Jordan. Last time I saw Jordan, I was visiting London in 2003. He was just about 2 years old then. He's such a big and handsome boy now. Unfortunately, Jordan's mom, Brita, isn't in these pictures.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home