Wonderland

My personal space to roam...freely

Friday, October 12, 2007

Fun during Summer '06.

Oh, it's a collection of good memories from early through late summer of 2006. It's never too late to load up good pictures, is my philosophy!!! So don't mind me that my dates for different entries on this blog are all jumbled up throughout 06 and 07.


For starters, here's Aaron's mom in the first picture. I love her dearly. She's a very sweet person! Which,...I probably shouldn't say...but I will.:-) I was going to say: which is more than you can say for many mother-in-laws out there!!! I mean, when a girl prepares to go to her future home, while she prays that her husband remains the wonderful man he is in the beginning, she also prays, just as ardently, that her mother-in-law is one of the good ones!!!! Hehehehe!!! Know what I mean, eh, young married ladies??!!!! Well, mine is one of the really good ones!!!! With Aaron's family at the table
With the happy couple - Leyla and Bate Bate - married October 2006
Me and Marshellese Baha'i friends at the Springdale Center in Arkansas
Aaron and some of the Marshallese kids. At our Baha'i Center in Springdale.
Aaron's former work place - Bio Engineering Resources
Me at Aaron's job site looking like a scientist...and obviously knowing nothing!!!:-)
At the wedding
With friends at the wedding - Bernadette and Sayena
"Cafiage" Aaron and grande soeur - Doris
ARKANSAS PICTURES ~
An outing at Beaver Lake in Arkansas. A very beautiful place. Eva and Shuya came to visit us that summer, for the weekend, from Kansas city! We had a really good time with them!!

Shuya threatens to fall in!!!!
Below the overhanging rocksI liked to visit the Beaver lake in the morning. Notice the fog on the lake.
Aaron's former apartment in the Shiloh complex. In the second picture, I am looking up at Aaron from downstairs.
Aaron's former car - his cute green toyota echo!!!Aaron...and my blouse:-)
Aaron, I'm sure you could afford a better face while munching on that salad!!:-)
If you click on the picture and look closer at my eyes, you'll see how red they are. I had an eye infection. Was quite uncomfortable.
Aaron and I went to the movies!!! There's my old green mazda. I finally got rid of it after several accidents. Sahar had warned that the car might be jinxed!!!:-)Eureka by night. One of the oldest, most picturesque and antique-filled towns in North West Arkansas.Showing of the University of Arkansas to Eva & Shuya
The next few pictures are at different locations at the beautiful and extremely big (by my standards) university!!!!
My hubby and me
Outside the Union At the university library
Holiday Island...a beautiful, beautiful town. And here's the first convertible I ever rode in. It was fun. Of course my hair was braided so I was okay!!! Heheheee, you know how that can be with the wind and everything!
A clearer picture of the bridge over Beaver Lake. I had to cross the river in my car to go to work during that summer while I worked in Holiday Island.
Celebration of Race Unity Day at Bella Vista. I'm sitting with my Baha'i friends in front and in the back is a renowned choir group that traditionally come to perform at this occasion.
There they are again, and btw, they are awesome!
BACK TO EDMOND, OKLAHOMA ~
Lounging out by the pool with the Smiths, Rocky Moncho, Charles and Charles' parents - Tom and June Dunn.
At the Dunns pool with Sera and Amy. Evan is in the background.
Caroline and I went to the mall for shopping
Juliet and I and the other youth of the Edmond Baha'i community had some really good times together.
With Niaz Adu at a dinner at the Ferdowsians ~

4 Comments:

  • At 3:47 PM , Blogger ~Frooghi's~ said...

    oh Jay you never disappoint me! i love your pictures and your story telling! Girl, you look GOOD. weh, so true about mother-in-laws. I am also blessed to have a very sweet one! And as for that your car - i pity whoever is driving it now, because that car was truly jinxed!!!

    let me continue reading the rest of the entries. i am home early today because someone is coming to set up the wireless connection at home (finally). so i am just hanging around waiting for him.

    love u

     
  • At 8:20 AM , Blogger Ambe said...

    Thanks, Sahar joon.

    About my green car, the last I heard, the dealer said it had so many problems (lack of air bags, for exple) that he'll just send it to the junk yard. Hopefully, instead of selling to sb else, parts of it will be used for repairing other vehicles!! HEHehehe

     
  • At 8:21 AM , Blogger Ambe said...

    Oh, and I'm glad you have one of the good mother-in-laws too. Very important, I'll say!!!:-)

     
  • At 10:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hello Love, your wonderland is awesom, I am truly bless to be part of your life. There is so much one can learn from your creative mind. Keep it real girl. Aaron

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home